Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Chocolate Molten Lava Cake

Happy Valentine's Day!
I'm going to skip over the fact that I haven't blogged in a very, very long time.  So sorry.  Life.  
Now, on to why you're here... chocolate.

This Valentine's Day we don't have any money to spend on gifts or fancy dates or a weekend getaway, but still wanted to do something to let my incredible husband know how much I love him.  So I sent our two year old to Grandma & Pop Pop's (kept the baby- not ready for an overnight without her yet), cleaned the house, rented a movie, and cooked a yummy dinner & dessert.  

My husband loves anything sweet, so I wanted to make something over the top and special. I found this recipe for Chocolate Molten Cake. 
It is REALLY good.  
And REALLY easy.  
I guess you could mess this up, but it would be hard to.


Here's the recipe:

You need:
  • 4 pieces (squares) Semi-sweet Baking Chocolate
  • ½ cups Butter
  • 1 cup Powdered Sugar
  • 2 whole Eggs
  • 2 whole Egg Yolks
  • 6 Tablespoons Flour
  • 2 cups Real Whipping Cream (seriously It's So Much Better!)
  • 2 Tablespoons Sugar

What you Do:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Spray 4 custard cups with Pam and place on cookie sheet.
Microwave chocolate and butter in large bowl on high for about 1 minute, until butter is melted. whisk until chocolate is also melted.
Stir in sugar until well blended. Whisk in eggs and egg yolks. Stir in flour.
Divide between cups.
Bake 13-14 minutes until sides are firm and center is soft. Let stand 1 minute.
Then invert the cups on a dish & serve.
Honestly, this would have been awesome with ice cream or whipped cream, but I didn't have any & it was good on it's own.  
And I didn't have any glass ramekins or small bowls, so I just used little teacups & it worked great!  The recipe made 4 small cakes.  Husband at 2.7 & one is in the fridge.  I guess he liked them!
Today isn't over yet, go make one for your Valentine!
~Kristie

No comments:

Post a Comment